Please send your CL and Resume to email@example.com
CAD Technician / Detail Drafter
About Us –
Hinged is a high-end, custom cabinet manufacturer in the North Austin, TX area. We design and build anything from furniture to wall panel systems. We work with local architects, interior designers, and high-end custom homebuilders to bring their designs into reality.
This is a direct-hire, office-based position. Relocation not provided. You must be available to work in our offices Monday to Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm.
Your Job –
Use owner supplied property and AutoCAD based cabinet design software to draft detailed installation drawings, cabinetry, and millwork details. Work under the direct supervision of the Design Fabrication Lead to produce the drawings in a timely manner. This is not all inclusive as other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. The opportunity for advancement is available.
· Associates degree or equivalent experience in AutoCAD v 16 equaling at least 2 years
· Strong knowledge of construction techniques, cabinetry, and millwork
· Knowledge of producing detailed shop drawings and revision drawings in a quick and accurate manner
· The ability to work alone as well as a team to push projects to completion
· Ability to read and interpret technical documents and architectural specifications
· The ability to interact in a positive and professional manner
· Develop and maintain strong working relationship with coworkers, vendors, and clients
· Attention to detail, focused on quality and accuracy
· Show dimensions, materials, construction details and relevant information for the installation team
· Knowledge of Windows based software, Adobe PDF editor and/or Bluebeam
· Ability to work in our offices Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm
· We offer PDO’s and medical benefits
· This is an hourly position starting at $16.00 or more based on experience
Senior Fabrication Designer, Full-Time
We are a high-end production cabinetry and furniture manufacturing facility located in Austin, TX. Our focus is primarily producing European styled cabinetry for architects, interior designers, and custom builders in the Austin area. We also design and build wall features, furniture, and light fixtures for local and international designers. We have one position open for a direct hire opportunity in our AutoCAD/Wood CADCAM design/draft department.
The ideal candidate will be adept at utilizing 2 and 3D CAD programs to create detailed and accurate manufacturing design drawings from architectural plans and specifications. Experience in architectural design or construction and associated knowledge of parametric design and digital fabrication processes are key. You will be working extensively with the design and custom fabrication departments to create designs for a wide variety of projects.
This position requires at least 2-5 year of AutoCAD experience and preferred experience in the IMOS WoodCADCAM program and 2 years of Microvellum experience. Please send your resume, including a brief summary of why you’d like to join our team, to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Relocation expenses are not paid, but there is a sign-on bonus for qualified applicants.
Use the preferred software to produce detailed and accurate manufacturing drawings from architectural plans and specifications.
· Ability to read and understand architectural documents, including the ability to determine the millwork scope requirements.
· Work with project leads to translate schematic designs into constructible realities.
· Communicate with other departments (Project Management, Production, Installation) to ensure details of a project are understood and/or to address concerns, make updates as needed.
· Produce highly effective shop drawings that communicate designs to internal and external fabricators.
· Familiarity with materials and functional hardware for commercial casework and millwork as well as methods of joinery and construction.
· Communicate with architects, interior designers, and others to accurately input their designs into our software, identify errors and/or omissions on architectural drawings and request clarification.
· Have a firm understanding of standard building construction methods as well as appliance installation specifications.
· The ability to rapidly iterate through design detailing options based on materials, budget, and aesthetics.
· Ability to multi-task and have a sense of urgency to meet deadlines through proper time management and organization.
· Must be willing to accept ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, explore new opportunities, and add value to the organization and company goals.
· Be self-directed and have the initiative to keep projects moving through the process.
· Have a high level of analytical skills and capable of independent problem solving.
· 3 years of AutoCAD v12 or higher is required. Preferred experience in WoodCADCAM (WCC) requested. 2 years of Microvellum required. Other programming production software experience will be considered. Knowledge of parametric processes are a plus.
· The ability to quickly learn WCC and associated Cut Rite programs to design and control CNC tooling. Including the ability to generate cut lists from drawings and provide supplemental drawings for aid in constructing a wide range of products including, but not limited to, cabinetry, furniture, 3D feature walls, and custom commercial displays.
· Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s in a relevant field such as Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering, Construction Sciences, and Industrial Design or at least 4 years of CAD related work experience in the millwork, case goods, furniture design industry. Associates of Drafting degree plus 2 years of relevant work experience will be considered.
· Experience of construction standards used for millwork, case goods, and /or furniture. (AWS/AWI/WIC)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and/or Bluebeam
· Attention to detail, accuracy, and the ability to work in a team setting is required.
· Professionalism, strong interpersonal skills, and being a clear communicator are necessary to succeed within our team.
· Collaborating with the fabrication team in a clear and detailed manner.
· Fluency in the English language is necessary.
· Work authorization to work in the United States
· Ability to work full-time Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm in our offices (Austin/Cedar Park, TX)
· We offer health benefits, PDO’s, and an energetic work atmosphere.